This Awareness & Dissociation Online Workshop provides techniques on developing awareness, overcoming dissociation and teaches how to stay grounded in the present moment.
What does dissociation feel like?
Dissociation can be described as a defence mechanism again stress and trauma(, , ). Symptoms of dissociation include emotional numbness, struggling to focus, inner conflicts, habitual distraction and not participating in the present moment fully.
Dissociation tends to get worse over time and can turn into dissociative disorders if we continue dissociating for longer periods of time, even if we only use it as a defence mechanism against everyday life stress (, , , ). The sooner we address the causes of dissociation, the easier our recovery can be.
Coming out of dissociation
The Awareness and Dissociation Workshop has been created by combining the evidence-based practice (using existing psychological models and theories) with experiential and practical approach to enhancing self-awareness and everyday life skills. It is composed of theoretical part that will increase your understanding of dissociation and practical tips and techniques on overcoming dissociation by teaching you how to:
- Stop zoning out and stay grounded
- Increase presence and present moment awareness
- Address emotional dissociation and numbness
- Enhance your ability to stay connected with yourself and others
If you're not sure if this workshop is right for you, get in touch and I'll be happy to answer all your questions!
About the Author
My name is Joanna and I'm a coaching psychologist. I always thought that dissociation is reserved only for severe mental health disorders. I was wrong – most people dissociate on the regular basis: when we distract ourselves with entertainment, when we day dream, when we forget where we placed something or when we feel as if our life lost meaning.
In my early 20s, I struggled with either feeling emotionally numb or getting easily overwhelmed by my emotions. My life seemed empty and I felt completely stuck. I thought that I suffered from depression. By undertaking a university course in psychology, engaging in personal development work and therapy, I found that dissociating is the main cause of my struggles.
Developing my ability to stay grounded in the present moment and enhancing my self-awareness enabled me to connect with my feelings, improve my focus, overcome dissociation and thrive in life. Now I want to teach others how to do the same and overcome their struggles with dissociation.
What you will get as a member of the workshop
- 5 videos exploring the theory behind developing awareness, overcoming dissociation, the process of staying grounded in the present moment, connecting with and managing your feelings and emotions, and developing a strong and grounded centre of your personality (57 minutes in total in the same format as all other Mind Mastery YouTube videos)
- Written summary of each module
- Workbook with techniques and exercises that will help you to put the theory into practice and enable you to work with developing awareness and strong presence directly. (available in three formats: PDF, docx and odt)
- 20% discount on all coaching packages & single sessions
This workshop gave me lots of insights into the self and self growth.
This was an excellent experience. By focusing on my body and how I feel I can tell my cognition has improved. I notice if I'm grounded in the present my anxiety is less because I'm able to respond in the current moment. I've read about mindfulness for years, but this Mind Mastery module explains exactly how to stay present. It's a game changer.